Wednesday, March 17, 2010

HAPPY ST. PATRICK's DAY

Happy St. Patrick's Day! 

Happy Birthday Grandaddy!

Today most people think about wearing green, imaginary little leprechauns, four leaf clovers, rainbows, etc. But... I think about my Grandaddy Henry, today would have been his 91st birthday. 

He had quite an interesting and hard life, especially being a twin (brother, Harry). Like most of our grandparents who grew up during the war and the depression.  I only heard of his past, but the man I knew was very loving, humorous, hard working, and practical.  He always made me feel like I was special and a bright sunshine in his life, always encouraged me to be all that I could in this short life.  I love and miss you, I look forward to seeing you again one day, along with my three other dear Grandparents.  You made a lasting impact on me and many others, you left a legacy.  I sometimes ponder, "What legacy will my life leave? Will it be a sacrifice, a testimony to my beliefs?".... for His glory.

Love ~
Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment