Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cousins = Family

We had been enjoying a great week with Independence Day kicking it off. We began with fireworks fun with the Roy's and then our cousins came for a visit. Each day has been busy from dawn (about when they all wake up) until dusk (bedtime). I truly would be dragging on the ground if I had quads and another toddler in tow. With all five of the kids being between 7 and 2 it makes for a very surprise filled, busy, fun, organized, 'mother-filled' kind of day....whew.

I love them and wouldn't trade it for anything. The boys are growing up so fast, I cannot believe that Ford will be turning six years old next week, it seems like yesterday that I was talking about how long it would be before he went to school one day.... well that was five years ago. The time has flown, and now we have 3 great boys and 1 special girl coming our way.

I have so many wonderful memories from my childhood: picking berries with my cousins and Nannie, growing a garden, playing with friends, but some of my most vivid are spending time with cousins. For those of us who have brothers and sisters, it is a very deep and lifelong bond, but cousins are almost as close. I have always felt so much love from my Aunts and Uncles, Grandparents and extended family (Rob has too, for that matter). We cherish our families and hope to encourage the same love, traditions, and closeness that we have been blessed with during our lives.  Thank you Family, Thank you God for blessing us with such a gift.

Love ~
Ginny

































No comments:

Post a Comment